Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jorge and Valentino's thoughts straight from Estoril track

Yamaha Racing

News  29/10/2010 
Jorge and Valentino's thoughts straight from Estoril track
Jorge and his father
Jorge and his father

We have just come from the other side of the world and unfortunately it has been too busy for us after Malaysia and the Australian GP to make a full Insider for this week's race in Estoril. Jorge and Valentino really wanted to share some of their feelings and latest experiences, so we are happy to still have a little news for you.

Jorge Lorenzo
"Since I became World Champion my life has been amazing! It was a lifelong dream and to have achieved is still almost unbelievable. After Phillip Island I returned to Mallorca and I had an incredible welcome from the people, with a procession through the streets of Palma, with thousands of people there to greet me. It was a beautiful night. It was also the first time to see my family and to be with them. I don't really cry, but when I was reunited with my father I was close to tears, because he is the one who started me on this path.

My team and I are looking forward to the last two races, we can relax and think about racing, which was really impossible while we were still concentrating on the championship. We couldn't take any risks! Now I am just riding for the moment and it is a great feeling. Estoril is one of my best tracks, I've won from pole there for the last two years, so we will try to do that again. Then we finish in Spain, close to my home, so I am looking forward to seeing all the fans there. After Valencia we start immediately working on 2011, together with my new team-mate Ben, and I can't wait to get started. Till then we have one more thing to focus on and that is the Manufacturers' title, it is within our grasp and I hope to help us achieve this and the Triple Crown."

Valentino Rossi
Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi
"It is hard for me to put into words how I'm feeling as I come to these last two races for Yamaha. It has been a beautiful seven years and I am sad to say goodbye to my M1! More than anything I want to have good final races and I want to thank Yamaha by helping them to win the Manufacturers' title. They are not two of my best tracks but anyway we will do our best! My shoulder is okay, I will have the operation immediately after Valencia and I hope to be okay for next season. I think Valencia will be an emotional time for me and my team, and we will do everything we can to make it the best possible 'goodbye'".



Yamaha Racing Communications
Barentszplein 4B / 1013 NJ Amsterdam / The Netherlands
T. +31 (0) 20 625 6539
E. office@yrc.nl W. www.yamaha-racing.com


© Copyright Yamaha 2010 | Unsubscribe


No comments: