Thursday, September 16, 2010

WMX-GP: Fontanesi finishes first WMX season on YZ250F with 4th, Patterson wins AMA

Yamaha Racing

News  15/09/2010 
Fontanesi finishes first WMX season on YZ250F with 4th, Patterson wins AMA
Fontanesi at Fermo
Fontanesi at Fermo

Italian starlet Chiara Fontanesi completed her second full season as part of the FIM Women's World Championship by fighting for overall victory across the dry hard-pack of Fermo last weekend and eventually walking the second step of the podium. Meanwhile on the same weekend in America DNA Shred Stix Star Racing Yamaha's Jessica Patterson claimed the first AMA WMX title for the YZ250F.

The teenager has progressed immensely this year and since grabbing her first piece of silverware at the final round of 2009. The power and agility of the 2010 YZ250F has helped Fontanesi become the fastest off-road female racer from her country and she ended the current campaign with fourth place in the Women's classification, which raced alongside the men's MX1 and MX2 categories in seven rounds involving visits to Bulgaria, Portugal, Catalunya, France, Germany, Czech Republic and Italy.

From fourteen motos Fontanesi snared victory in two (France and Germany) and climbed the rostrum an impressive four times from seven in what was her first serious attempt at the title and in switching from the fettled two-stroke technology of the YZ125 to the usable grunt of the YZ250F.

"I started really well and passed Livia; I was feeling good and the track was really nice," she explained in her vastly developed English concerning her last outing at Fermo. "Larissa was quick and in the backmarkers she found a way through. Taking second meant I lost the overall and I wasn't really happy because I badly wanted to win my home GP. Larissa was fast though so I did my best."

Fontanesi also showed her penchant for the limelight when she took a special sign onto the podium. "In Loket for the Czech GP it was my father's birthday and I wanted to take a podium for him but I crashed at the start and didn't make it," she explains. "So this time went I went up I had a sign saying 'sorry I am late'!"

Jessica Patterson won six of the eight rounds of the AMA WMX series for her sixth national title and wrapped up her final triumph at Pala Raceway. She was the first of three YZ250F riders in the final top five of the classification run alongside the 450/250 men's categories. "My trainer, Ryan Hughes, has been awesome," she said. "He has been super supportive in keeping me all there mentally. The team has also been great - they have given me everything I needed to win so I've got no excuses not to!"



Yamaha Racing Communications
Barentszplein 4B / 1013 NJ Amsterdam / The Netherlands
T. +31 (0) 20 625 6539
E. office@yrc.nl W. www.yamaha-racing.com


© Copyright Yamaha 2010 | Unsubscribe


No comments: