Monday, September 1, 2014

Tyre Break - in



As you know from earlier blog, I have just change new tyre from Bridgestone S20 EVO replacing my BT016R. I didn't ask my mechanic to sand my both tyre to take away the wax and oil on the tyre, but I decided to break in my tyre gradually through riding.

It's a fun day today, with my confidence are building up even withe the new tyre the tyre to lean over up to 80% of the edge of the tyre. I didn't go to the track either as the nearest track is in Sepang somewhere 500 km away from wher I am today.

What I decided today with my friend, we ride from Bertam to Penang bridge ->  Bertam -> Pulau Betong Teluk Kumbar and then to Bt Ferringhi via Balik Pulau. My journey map as the following image.


Easily this trip would have 150 km in it and my tyres had a good break in today. I was very confident today with the new tyre and my lean angle shows through the tire wear although it was still new and waxy. At first I could feel both front and rear are twitdhing here and there but nothing to drastic and dangerous as I am not ridng too fast.

At the end of the journey my tyre looks like this!

                                                                Front

                                                                   Rear

As you can see above both tyre has a good 1 cm untouched, where I consider this is a improvement in my riding technics and confidence level are high. You have to take consideration that this is within couple hours the tyre on this bike from shelf.



No comments: